Hi! as Head of Digital Programs and Services, I'm responsible for developing strategies for the Libraries’ digitization and preservation operations, ensuring access to and preservation of the library’s digital assets. I also serves as an ambassador for the Libraries’ digital programs by building and maintaining working relationships with the university community and external partners.
|Drexel University||Master of Science, Library and Information Science||2009|
|Louisiana State University||Master of Arts, Philosophy||2008|
- "Let’s Discover Louisiana Together: The Louisiana Digital Library as Community Effort," Louisiana Archives and Manuscripts Annual Meeting, Lafayette, LA, 10/25/2019
- "Digitization Selection Criteria as Anti-Racist Action," CNI Spring 2019 Members Meeting, St. Louis, MO, 04/05/2019
- "Asking Who the Work is For: An Autoethnographic Examination of a Digital Librarian," Bucknell Digital Scholarship Conference, Lewisburg, PA, 10/6/2018
- Moderator: "Future Tools and Technologies," The Past, Present, and Future of Libraries Conference, Philadelphia, PA 9/29/2018
- "More Than a Pretty Interface: The Louisiana Digital Library as Data Hub," LOUIS Users Conference, Baton Rouge, LA 9/14/2018
- "Open Data as a Service in Special Collections Libraries; or, Let's Be Sure We're Better Than Data Brokers," Coalition for Networked Information Spring 2018 Membership Meeting, San Diego, CA 4/12/2018
- "Open Historic Data as a Service in Special Collections Libraries," Entangled Histories Conference, Philadelphia, PA, 4/6/2018
- "PAL: Toward An Automated Recommendation Tool for Archives and Special Collections," 2017 Digital Library Federation Forum, Pittsburgh, PA, 10/24/2017
- "A Data First Approach (Then Retreat, Then Regroup, Then Approach Again) to a Collaborative Digital Project," Bucknell University Digital Scholarship Conference, Lewisburg, PA, 10/7/2017
- "You’ll Probably Like This One, Too: Using Circulation Data to Automate Recommendations in a Special Collections Library," Code4Lib National Conference, Los Angeles, CA, 3/7/2017
- Ziegler, Sophia. “Toward Empathetic Digital Repositories: An Interview with Diego Pino Navarro.” Journal of Critical Digital Librarianship 2, no. 1 (January 10, 2022). https://digitalcommons.lsu.edu/jcdl/vol2/iss1/1.
- Ziegler, Sophia. “It Matters Who Does This Work: An Interview with Tonia Sutherland.” Journal of Critical Digital Librarianship 1, no. 1 (October 21, 2021). https://doi.org/10.31390/jcdl.1.1.02.
- Ziegler, SL (2020) Open Data in Cultural Heritage Institutions: Can We Be Better Than Data Brokers? Digital Humanities Quarterly 014, no. 2 (June 19, 2020). http://www.digitalhumanities.org/dhq/vol/14/2/000462/000462.html
- Ziegler, S. & Marti, S. (2019). A Hidden Gem Becomes a Fertile Mining Ground: Historic Prison Admission Books and Data-Driven Digital Projects. The Pennsylvania Magazine of History and Biography, 143(3). pp. 363-373.
- Ziegler, S. (2019). Digitization Selection Criteria as Anti-Racist Action. Code4Lib Journal, 46. https://journal.code4lib.org/articles/14667
- Ziegler, S., & Key, C (2019). More Than a Pretty Interface: The Louisiana Digital Library as a Data Hub. Codex: the Journal of the Louisiana Chapter of the ACRL, 5(5), 153-171. http://journal.acrlla.org/index.php/codex/article/view/155
- Ziegler, S., & Shrake, R. (2018). Pal: toward a recommendation system for manuscripts. Information Technology and Libraries, 37(3), 84–98. https://doi.org/10.6017/ital.v37i3.10357
- Certified Archivist, Academy of Certified Archivists, 2016