Eligibility and Access
Faculty and students need
- a MyLSU Account.
- a LOUIS Reciprocal Borrowing Card to utilize library services at academic libraries within Louisiana.
- be currently enrolled in an LSU Online class or in a 100% web-based LSU class or be designated a DE student by the Distance Learning librarian. Students in unique situations may qualify for distance services even though they are not in courses usually considered distance education courses. Examples are students living out of state while enrolled for dissertation hours or an independent study course. Contact Ask Us! if you have questions.
- not be attending any classes held on the LSU campus.
- be currently teaching or conducting research at a remote off-site location in Louisiana.
- not be teaching or conducting research on the LSU campus.
Current LSU students, faculty, and staff may access LSU Libraries' online resources from off campus. A patron who is off campus will be directed to the MyLSU login screen before receiving access to restricted resources. Enter your myLSU ID and password. A few of the resources require special passwords. Details are given at the access point or see Library Resources on myLSU. If you have trouble accessing resources, please contact Ask Us!